Enjoy the study of Arabic in an environment suitable to master the language with its original people
Learning Arabic, today more than ever, opens before the student many opportunities. Arabic provides a gateway to international careers in both the public and private sectors. Foreign language knowledge is essential for people who work in international development, human rights, government service, diplomacy, and journalism, and few languages are as constantly in demand as Arabic. Arabic proficiency is also invaluable for research and advanced studies in a variety of academic fields: from history, literature, and religion to linguistics and political science.
Along with opening up diverse career opportunities, Arabic is the mode of expression for one of the world’s most ancient, varied and dynamic cultural traditions. From the pre-Islamic odes of Arabia, to the latest hip-hop anthems and graphic novels, the Arabic language ties together an unparalleled living culture. One of the fascinating characteristics of Arabic is that despite large transformation of the lexicon brought about by modernity the structure of the language is surprisingly consistent across the centuries. Students who study and master Arabic will have access to over a millennium of cultural wealth
1. The Arabic alphabet is really simple to learn
2. Arab people are some of the easiest people in the world to meet and practice the language with
3. Arabic has really easy grammar compared to a lot of languages
4. It’s one of the most relevant and necessary languages today
5. There are lots of dialects to choose from – each one as rewarding as the next