Match the phrases with the appropriate information. (4 POINTS)
_____ 1. About 200 years ago, a. people usually used paper maps.
_____ 2. Before GPS systems, b. there might be cell phone implants.
_____ 3. In many cities nowadays, c. people often used horses for transportation.
_____ 4. Sometime in the future, d. there aren’t enough parking spaces.
Circle the correct word or phrase. (3 POINTS)
1. If you drive to work, you (’ll have to / won’t have to / may have to) find a parking space.
2. If you (take / travel / don’t go) a vacation, you may feel better and more relaxed.
3. If you bring an umbrella, you (won’t get / might have / will have) wet in the rain.
Complete the conversation. Check (P) the correct response. (3 POINTS)
1. A: I can’t stand talking on the phone.
B: ◊ Neither am I. ◊ Neither can I. ◊ I don’t.
2. A: I like working with computers.
B: ◊ So am I. ◊ Neither do I. ◊ So do I.
3. A: I hate getting to work at 7:30 in the morning. It’s too early.
B: ◊ Well, I am. ◊ Neither do I. ◊ Really? I like it.
Circle the correct word. (3 POINTS)
1. Keith carefully plans his day so he’s never late for appointments. He likes to be (creative / punctual / forgetful).
2. Britta tries to help people and never says “no” when someone asks her for a favor. She seems like a really (generous / impatient / disorganized) person.
3. Liz and Patrick get angry easily and almost never smile. Everyone thinks they’re moody and (level-headed / hardworking / short-tempered).
Match the sentences with the appropriate information. (4 POINTS)
_____ 1. I’d like to work as a bookkeeper a. because I’m too disorganized and can’t stand telling people what to do.
_____ 2. I wouldn’t want to be a flight attendant b. because I’m efficient and I like working with numbers.
_____ 3. I would make a good waiter c. because I have an excellent memory and like meeting people.
_____ 4. I could never become a boss d. because I don’t like to travel or work with people.