Put the words in order to make sentences about living abroad. (3 POINTS)
1. would / meeting / thing / one / new / is / I / friends / excited / by / be
2. about / most / be / trying / the / curious / I / is / thing / new / would / foods / the
3. about / anxious / language / be / I / is / not / the / something / understanding / would
Complete these sentences using another form of the boldface word. (5 POINTS)
1. These glasses have a scratch on the lens. They are _____________ .
2 My new car is dented. It has a _____________ on the door.
3. There is a small leak in the aquarium. It is _____________ .
4. Look at the crack in that wall. It is _____________ .
5. This dress is stained. There are several bad _____________ on it.
Complete the sentences. Use the correct form of need and add any necessary words. (4 POINTS)
1. Those towels are so dirty. They _____________ washing.
2. The wastebasket in your bedroom is full. It _____________ emptied.
3. The grass in the front yard looks extremely dry. It _____________ watering.
4. The microwave oven is broken. It _____________ replaced.
Circle the correct word or phrase. (5 POINTS)
1. I can’t make a phone call. My cell phone keeps (dying / jamming / replacing).
2. The buttons on my remote control don’t work right. They keep (adjusting / dying / sticking).
3. This printer is useless! It keeps (dropping / flickering / jamming).
4. My Internet service is driving my crazy. The connection keeps (adjusting / dropping / skipping).
5. My desk light keeps (fixing / flickering / replacing).