Put the words in the correct order to make sentences. (3 POINTS)
1. (really / Montreal / is / beautiful / city / a)
2. (an / Ecuador / country / interesting / is / extremely)
3. (me / too / for / is / Los Angeles / expensive)
Circle the correct word. (4 POINTS)
1. New York City is very exciting, but it’s (boring / fast-paced / stressful).
2. Lisbon is an interesting city, and it’s (beautiful / noisy / polluted), too.
3. My cousin lives in a safe city. It’s (clean / crowded / dangerous), though.
4. My hometown is pretty boring. It’s very (interesting / relaxing / ugly), however.
Complete the sentences with should, shouldn’t, or can’t. (3 POINTS)
1. This city can be dangerous at night. You _____________ stay out too late.
2. You _____________ travel by subway late at night. There are no trains after midnight.
3. In Hong Kong, the weather is nice in the fall. You _____________ go there then.
Answer the questions with the advice. (3 POINTS)
take some aspirin use a heating pad
see a dentist use this lotion
Example: A: What should I do for a fever?
B: It’s sometimes helpful _____________________________ .
1. A: What do you suggest for a sunburn?
B: It’s a good idea __________________________________________ .
2. A: What should I do for sore muscles?
B: It’s sometimes helpful _____________________________________ .
3. A: What should I do for a toothache?
B: It’s important ____________________________________________ .
Complete the conversations with bag, bottle, can, or tube. (4 POINTS)
1. Customer: What do you have for a cold?
Pharmacist: Get this _____________ of vitamin C, and take two every day.
2. Customer: I need to shave my beard. What can I use for that?
Pharmacist: I suggest a _____________ of this shaving cream.
3. Customer: My teeth hurt when I eat or drink cold things. What do you suggest?
Pharmacist: Try this _____________ of special toothpaste. Of course, you should see a dentist, too.
4. Customer: Could I get something for a bad cough?
Pharmacist: Sure. Here’s a _____________ of cough drops. They really work.