Complete the conversations. Use the correct form of the verb + infinitive with the verbs in parentheses. (6 POINTS)
1. A: What _____________ you _____________ (plan, do) tonight?
B: I _____________ (want, stay) home. There’s a soccer match on TV.
2. A: What _____________ you and Dave _____________ (go, do) tomorrow?
B: We _____________ (like, have) a barbecue on the beach, but it may rain.
3. A: What _____________ you _____________ (hope, do) after graduation?
B: I _____________ (love, travel) in Europe for a while.
Look at each message. Complete the request using the name in parentheses.
1. The test on Thursday is at 1:00 P.M.
Please tell ______________________________________________ . (Ken)
2. Meet me after class today.
Would you ask ___________________________________________ ? (Alex)
3. There’s a volleyball game tonight.
Could you tell ____________________________________________ ? (Marcus)
4. Come to the picnic on Saturday.
Please ask ______________________________________________ . (Paula)
Circle the correct word or phrase. (3 POINTS)
1. Please (tell / to tell) Mary there’s a school party on Saturday.
2. Would you ask Bill (bring / to bring) the concert tickets tonight?
3. Could you (tell / ask) Dana that the movie starts at 8:15?
Write sentences with the groups of words. Use infinitives. (4 POINTS)
want / get a new one would like / go shopping later hope / move out soon
plan / cut it short would love / have the same teacher
Example: I don’t like my job anymore.
1. I’ve moved to a new place, but I don’t like it.
2. I don’t like my hairstyle.
3. I really need some new clothes.
4. Another English class starts soon.