Rewrite the sentences as passive sentences with by. (4 POINTS)
Example: Taylor Swift recorded the song “You Belong With Me.”
The song “You Belong With Me” was recorded by Taylor Swift.
1. Michael Bay directed the Transformers movies. __________________________________________
2. Jack Dorsey developed Twitter. ___________________________________________
3. Suzanne Collins wrote The Hunger Games ________________________________________
4. Gustave Eiffel designed the Eiffel Tower in Paris. _________________________________________
Complete the sentences. Use the passive form of the verbs. (3 POINTS)
1. English _____________ (speak) in Australia and New Zealand.
2. Japanese and Korean _____________ (teach) at this school.
3. Cattle _____________ (raised) in many South American countries.
Circle the correct word. (4 POINTS)
1. One of the crops grown in China is (cattle / wheat / shrimp).
2. (Goats / Microchips / Oysters) are manufactured in California.
3. I thought I had lost my cell phone, but, (coincidentally / sadly / fortunately), I found it in my coat pocket.
4. I was looking for a job when, (miraculously / unfortunately / strangely), I won the lottery and went on vacation instead.
Complete the sentences. Use the simple past or past continuous of the verbs. (3 POINTS)
1. I _____________ (buy) my favorite jacket while I _____________ (travel) in France.
2. We _____________ (sleep), but the storm _____________ (wake) us up.
3. Ken _____________ (eat) dinner when his boss _____________ (call).
Complete the conversation. Use the present perfect continuous of the verbs. (4 POINTS)
A: Hi, Jenny! I haven’t seen you since last summer. _____________ you _____________ (work) long hours?
B: Yes, I have. I _____________ (go) to my job every day, and sometimes on weekends, too.
A: And at night?
B: Oh, my new dog _____________ (keep) me awake all night!