Circle the correct word. Then join the sentences using relative pronouns (who or that). (8 POINTS)
1. I’d prefer a(n) (temperamental / supportive / egotistical) boss. I can do my best for her.
2. Zoe is a(n) (introverted / stubborn / stingy) person. She doesn’t change her opinions very easily.
3. Our coach can’t stand (friendly / easygoing / egotistical) players. He can’t talk to them easily.
4. I want to work with an enjoyable person. This person is (intolerant / unreliable / sociable).
Put the words in order to make sentences. (3 POINTS)
Example: is / when / person / upsets / it / unreliable / a / me
It upsets me when a person is unreliable.
1. bothers / forgets / when / name / my / someone / it / me
2. when / can’t / meals / during / it / I / people / stand / text
3. friend / me / happy / out / when / it / lunch / makes / me / a / takes / to
Complete the sentences using gerund phrases and the words in the box. (3 POINTS)
be + flight attendant write + sports column retire + age 50 do + volunteer work
being a flight attendant
Example: He’d enjoy _____________________________ because he loves traveling.
1. _____________________________ seems rewarding. I’ve always been interested in helping others.
2. Kevin wouldn’t like _____________________________ for the school paper. He doesn’t really care about school sports or athletic activities.
3. You’ve saved 25 percent of your salary all your life – now it’s time to have some fun! _____________________________ sounds fantastic. You deserve it!
Check (P) the correct response. (4 POINTS)
1. A personal sports trainer probably earns _________ a soccer coach.
◊ better paid than ◊ not as hard as ◊ as much as
2. Nurses have _________ pharmacists.
◊ as well paid as ◊ better people skills than ◊ more interesting than
3. Long-distance truck drivers are often _________ taxi drivers to drive in bad weather.
◊ better prepared than ◊ as much driving as ◊ more driving experience than
4. Working as a bank teller is _________ being a party planner.
◊ worse hours than ◊ as much as ◊ less interesting than