Complete the sentences. (3 POINTS)
1. It’s _____________ twelve. 2. It’s _____________ five. 3. It’s seven- _____________ .
Read the article. Then check ( ) two correct answers for each sentence. (3 POINTS)
Joseph Conway’s Schedule
Joseph has a busy schedule. He gets up at 5:00 in the morning and starts his first job at 5:30. He finishes that job at 8:00 A.M. Then he eats breakfast. Joseph goes to class from 10 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. He doens’t have time for lunch, but he eats dinner after class. Then he starts his secound job. He drives a bus form 4:00 to 9:00 at night. After work, he goes home and studies form 10:00 until midnight. Then he goes to bed and sleeps.
1. Joseph _____ .
is a student
has one job
takes the bus
studies at night
2. Joseph works from _____ .
5:30 A.M. to 8:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
4:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
10:00 P.M. to midnight
3. Joseph eats _____
late at night
Complete the conversations with questions. Use what or where and the words in parentheses. (3 POINTS)
Example: A: __________________________________________________ (Kyle / do) B: He’s reading a book.
1. A: __________________________________________________________ ?
(Brenda and Katie / study)
B: Math and science.
2. A: __________________________________________________________ ?
(Julio / work)
B: In an office.
3. A: __________________________________________________________ ?
(you / go)
B: To the supermarket.
Match the verbs with the nouns. (6 POINTS)
1. have _____ a. a bike
2. eat _____ b. breakfast
3. play _____ c. a walk
4. ride _____ d. dinner
5. see _____ e. television
6. take _____ f. tennis
7. watch _____ g. a movie
Each conversation has three underlined words or phrases. One is not correct. Circle the incorrect word or phrase. (6 POINTS)
Example: A: Does you live downtown? B: No, I live in the suburbs.
1. A: Do your brother exercise in the morning?
B: No, he exercises at night.
2. A: When does Carol have lunch?
B: She have lunch at noon.
3. A: Does your father goes to work by bus?
B: No, he takes the train.
4. A: What are you make?
B: I’m making a pizza for our dinner.
5. A: What’s your father doing right now?
B: He sleeping.
6. A: Are your friends study today?
B: Yes, they are.