Circle the correct word or phrase. (4 POINTS)
1. GPS systems are used (to getting / for getting / for get) directions.
2. When you go to the beach, try (not to get / to don’t get / not get) the video camera wet.
3. You can use my smartphone (sending / for send / to send) a text.
4. Don’t forget (for taking / taking / to take) your ATM card with you.
Correct the mistake in each sentence or pair of sentences. (5 POINTS)
1. I want to move some text. How do I drag and drive?
2. When I need to find some information, I create websites.
3. My father knows a lot about computers. He’s a hacker.
4. Open this file to cut a new slideshow.
5. The screen is too hard to read. I think I need a new keyboard.
Match the phrases with the most appropriate information. (4 POINTS)
_____ 1. Before a young man and woman speak, a. they sometimes arrange another date.
_____ 2. Before they meet for the first time, b. they usually video chat on the Internet.
_____ 3. When they have their first date, c. they might text each other on smart phones.
_____ 4. After they meet for the first time, d. they often meet in a public place, such as a coffee shop.
Match the sentences with the appropriate information. Then rewrite each pair of sentences using when. (4 POINTS)
___ 1. Autumn is the season . . . a. some people stay up all night.
___ 2. July and August are the months . . . b. people celebrate Valentine’s Day.
___ 3. New Year’s Eve is a night . . . c. children often go back to school.
___ 4. February 14 is the day . . . d. many families take summer vacations.
Autumn is the season when
1. _______________________________________________________________ .
2. _______________________________________________________________ .
3. _______________________________________________________________ .